What To Expect
During your session you can expect a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We want you to feel comfortable and enjoy yourself…let your true personality shine! With families and children, expect a variety of posed and candid shots. Please plan for extra time for sessions with infants or small children.
When small children are involved, remember to bring their favorite snacks and toys…this helps calm them down if their upset, and introduces great opportunities for candid shots. Sometimes the best shots are of your children being natural and playing with the family.
Remember to have an extra change of clothing when a newborn is involved. Bring the wet wipes and extra dippers, accidents can happen anytime. Newborn sessions can last anywhere from two to three hours, so please plan accordingly. The studio will be kept nice and warm for baby so it’s a good idea to dress light.
What To Wear
• Nude is always a favorite
• Fun and cute hats, bows or headbands
• A favorite onesie
• Mom: simple black or white, short-sleeved shirts, try to avoid busy patterns
• Dad: a black or white t-shirt, and don’t be afraid to go shirtless with baby!
• Denim jeans
• Basic tank top
• Fun sun dresses and skirts
• White button up blouse
• Bathing suit, weather permitting
• Yoga pants
• Baby shoes
• Sonogram photos
• Special keepsakes to be photographed with
Families and Children:
• Accessorize! Headbands, scarves, jewelry, jackets and hats help complete your look
• Avoid all white, black or natural color combos, show your personality!
• Avoid overly matching outfits, focus on outfits that compliment each other
• Avoid clothing with logos or busy patterns, these can be distracting
• Denim is a classic
• Dress up shirts
• Cowboy boots, and/or hats
• Rain boots and umbrella
• Fun dresses
• Props: if you have any fun props, or special keepsakes you would like included, please feel free to bring them with you!
These are just a few suggestions for what you could ware, the most important thing is that you are comfortable and happy with your choices.